"Prodigy" by Marie Lu is the haunting sequel in the Legend trilogy. I think the the two biggest themes in this book are trust and honesty. Through the book June and Day have to go through many obstacles and along the way they have to find the ones who are trust worthy. Something I've noticed is that June is asked many times if she is still loyal to the Republic, which plays as another theme too. Loyalty. "Prodigy" tells you a lot about loyalty and trust. It can teach you that you have to find the ones worth being loyal too. Which adds on to the fact that you are most likely to be loyal to someone who you believe is trust worthy. Being trust worthy also means you are honest, which is something that does not relate to many characters in "Prodigy." Moreover, the two themes mentioned in the beginning comes back to this one theme, loyalty.
Another thing I've noticed is that June has a very hard time explaining how she feels. She always practical and thinks emotions hold people back. She tries hard to not to let her feelings lead her and relies mostly on her instincts. Personally, I think that's what holds her back from responding to the way Day feels about her. She's confused and I can understand that, she's not sure whether she's supporting Day because she loves him or because she feels like she owes him. Even so, through out the book it is clear what she wants, but she has no idea how to put it into words. Furthermore, "Prodigy" by Marie Lu is a book many people can stop and relate to as well as take their time to be pensive about themes that seem to show up in every chapter of this great book.
No comments:
Post a Comment